Are black bathroom faucets in the style?
Everyone loves black. Be it a part of your wardrobe or home decor. But we have seen a sudden surge of popularity for black faucets over the few years. Yes, black bathroom faucets are now in style. You must be wondering about the reason behind this sudden craze for black faucets and other bathroom fittings. Let’s jump right into that.
- Black is a timeless color. It stands for boldness and elegance. Especially matte black looks exquisite as home decor and bathroom fittings, especially faucets. The neutrality of black or matte black gives a modern finish to your house.
- Typically when we go for metallic golden or silver faucets, the trend never sticks to one of them. Again, in the case of chromatic or pastel colors, the faucet may or may not blend with your other bathroom fitting’s fundamental approach. Black and matte black blend with most of the colors. It has a modern and industrial touch altogether.
- Matte black faucets do not hold fingerprints and other stains. Black faucets are less likely to be stained by water. When faucets are used for a long time, water and specks of dirt form permanent stains on their surface. Especially if it’s a faucet with a lighter color, the dyes are more likely to appear visible. That’s why black faucet is a safer option.
As we can see, there are plenty of reasons to choose black faucets for your bathroom. Black faucets steal the spotlight with their classic yet modern approach. There’s no other color which can do both at the same time.
Ideas for a black bathroom:
A black bathroom doesn’t necessarily mean all about going gloomy and dark. Since you’ve decided to incorporate black in your bathroom, get ready to go experimental and unique. Black and grey are not only for modern vibes anymore. If you can play little tricks with your bathroom area’s elements, you can add any mood you want. Now let’s see what ideas we have here to make your bathroom pull off that beautiful black interior.
Focus on the material of the walls
Walls cover a significant area of your bathroom. It works as a canvas for the other fittings and fixtures. Therefore walls are considered as the deciding factor for the entire look to work out.
- Since you’re using black, there is no alternative to adding different textures on the wall.
- You can add patterns, gradient, shadow, etc., to accentuate the visual space.
- If you want to keep the fixtures simple, go for a gorgeous texture to balance other bathroom fittings.
Play with the contrasts:
If you like a little pop of white or grey, apply it in case of choosing the fixtures. Avoid going too dark. Using contrasts is also very essential to make the fittings visible. Too much black would make the interior look submerged.
Add little accessories:
To end the monotone brought by black and blackish fittings, you can add some new accessories to your bathroom space. It might not be everyone’s choice to keep accessories in the bathroom, but a little green touch can add a very subtle vibe of freshness.
Keep things tidy and shiny:
The essential rule to bring everything together is cleanliness. It can sometimes be hard to keep your black interior clean and shiny. But the hassle is nothing compared to the elegance of your bathroom. Check out for the nooks that might be prone to getting dirty easily
Black bathroom rugs:
Deciding whether to go for a rug or no rug for a black bathroom entirely depends on your personal choice. Rugs are incredible if you can ensure proper cleaning of the carpet and floor. Since black bathrooms are already prone to mold and fungal buildup, you should go for a highly absorbent rug. Make sure that the color of the carpet is not too flashy. Black bathrooms have a very sophisticated vibe. Don’t ruin it by introducing an odd color to your bathroom floor. You can go for rugs which have simple designs and patterns. Different shades of grey will also suit on a black base
Black bathroom mirror:
Bathroom sinks are incomplete without a beautiful mirror. The kind of bathroom mirror you should choose depends on the features of your sink area. The black interior of the bathroom does not bring any advantages or disadvantages
- The size and adjacent wall of you would tell you if you should go for a big mirror.
- If you have a minimal bathroom space with a black interior, a giant mirror can create an illusion of space.
- Do not choose an overly embellished mirror if your bathroom interior is already gorgeous.
- Be careful while selecting the lighting of your bathroom. It should have conformity with the placement of the mirror.
Black bathroom floor
It’s an established idea that bathroom floors should be light in color to look bigger. But the black bathroom floor can look spacious too. The most common material in the black bathroom is the black granite floor. Let’s take a look at some tricks and tips to accentuate your black bathroom floor.
- Pick an accent color keeping black as the priority. It can be gray, off-white, brown, etc. Use that color in designs and geometric patterns to break the monotony.
- Do not just use black for a black bathroom floor. Choose different shades and textures.
- Do not use too reflective materials on the floor. The floor would end up looking flashy.
Black bathroom fixtures pros and cons
Black bathroom fixtures have become very popular in recent times because of their classic appeal. No kitchen fixture comes without some drawbacks. Although black bathroom fixtures work well in any bathroom, there are some drawbacks in terms of its durability. Now let’s take a quick look at the pros and cons of black bathroom fixtures for those willing to renovate their bathroom interiors.
- Versatility: Black bathroom fixtures are equally suitable for all kinds of interior, including modern to rustic. Black itself is complementary to most of the colors. That’s why your black fixtures will always pop regardless of the vibe given by your bathroom interior.
- Aesthetic appeal: Black fixtures bring a very earthy touch to your bathroom sink and shower. Who does not want his bathroom to be an aesthetically pleasing corner?
- No fingerprint: Unlike chrome or stainless steel fixtures, black fixtures are less likely to show fingerprints. That means the institutions are going to look pristine.
- Price: Black fixtures nowadays have very competitive pricing compared to the past.
- Prone to damage: The black coating is not permanent. If not handled correctly, black fixtures can get damaged even at the time of installation.
- Less durable: The black finish will lose the shine and wear out in two or three years.
- Cleaning: One should be very cautious while choosing a cleaning agent for black fixtures. Harsh chemicals and wax are not suitable.
How to clean black bathroom faucets:
Black bathroom faucets have gone through a rapid rise of popularity in recent times. It is one of the most desired “must-haves” for people with a diverse taste in kitchen interiors. Apart from having an overall pleasing appearance, black faucets are quite delicate compared to the other taps. One should be very thoughtful when it comes to cleaning a black faucet. You are just one move away from ruining your beautiful black faucet. To avoid that disaster, here are some steps to keep that stylish black faucet pitch-perfect.
- At first, note down the stuff you should altogether avoid. Avoid using any scratchy scourer, heavy chemical-based cleaner, wax, and anything acidic.
- Use warm water, soap, and microfiber cloth. Gently clean the surface, starting from top to bottom. There you have it, a clean black faucet.
- Sometimes you can notice extra dirt and grease settled on the bottom of your faucet. Soap water can remove those stains. If the colors are too stubborn, you can use mild alcohol. But remember to be very careful.
- Hard water is quite detrimental to your black fixtures. Either use a filter or opt for regular cleaning so that limescale does not settle on the black surface.
Is black bathroom mold dangerous
We often see dark greenish or brownish slimy substance on the bathroom surface. These are commonly known as the black bathroom mold. Usually, there are many bathroom molds such as Aspergillus, Cladosporium, Penicillium, Stachybotrys, etc. Among them, Stachybotrys chartarum or black mold is the most dangerous one. Black bathroom molds are not only unpleasant for the bathroom surface but also very detrimental to human health. It may look harmless at first glance. But given the right circumstances, it can trigger some serious health risks. Black bathroom mold can cause allergy and asthma. Someone affected by black mold poisoning is more likely to suffer from respiratory inflammation, runny nose, headache, chronic coughing, and sneezing. Black bathroom mold is hazardous for people with less immunity.
How to remove black bathroom mold
An infestation of black bathroom mold can damage your home and health. You can either take professional help for mold removal or go for natural and nontoxic ingredients.
- First of all, look for initial signs. Before appearing visible, your bathroom surface will smell musty. Start doing the inspection. You will find dark green-brown slimy spots, especially in the corners of your bathroom.
- Now it is time to make a well saturated mold-fighting solution. There are plenty of agents like bleach, vinegar, borax, tea tree oil, etc. known for their disinfecting properties. Prepare a well-saturated solution in the spray bottle.
- Wear a pair of gloves and safety goggles. Don’t forget to put on a mask. Spray the solution in the affected areas. Let the mold sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Scrub the dampened mold with a bristle brush. Wipe the area clean without using water.
- Repeat the process if the mold doesn’t go away.